Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Masakan, membuat chawanmushi. (Cooking chawanmushi)

"Hey wanna come over to tom's place for dinner, I'm cooking".

"What!".

That's my reply, this is so impromptu. It's already 3 plus, and I haven't got any idea of what I want to cook. Well, supposed someone's doing the nice cooking, so I readily agreed. I made my way to tom's place and when I reached there, I was greeted with a nice pot of spaghetti with prawns and mussels. Heh, thanks guys, I ain't eating 'pawns and muscles', I can eat no seafood yar, ya know what I mean. So all of ya have eaten huh, watch me eat now huh huh, lol.

Still, I'm not eating just sphagetti while watching those cooked prawns and mussels gloating over their 'good fortune' that I can't savor them. I got to whip up something to eat. Maybe not 'buttery' wantons (some will know as it is their beloved delicacy) as its such a hassle, why not chawanmushi. This easy to cook dish takes less than 10 minutes to prepare all the necessary. Just add eggs, mushrooms, tofu, longbeans (My own mixed ingredients ok), pepper, coriander leaves, nutmeg powder, onions, salt, soy sauce and cooking oil. See, easy to make right.

Somehow there is no steamer for me to use, and I made do with a pot of water with a lid that only covers 3/4 of the pot. Steam, steam, steam. I steam the dish over 50 mins, gosh, awful abysmal steamer.

Wanna know how it taste like, haha, okok le, still edible, ask those who has eaten it.

P.s. To those who have eaten, better say nice else---

2 comments:

  1. Err.. actually, when we invite you over, it wasn't an invitation for you to cook also. Haha.. that one you invited yourself..

    actually it was more for toms cos i was teaching him what he could cook at home..

    y no mention of the massage also.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said you are cooking. Oh, the massage, later, I yest type randomly le

    ReplyDelete